The Secretariat of the Strategic Approach to Chemicals Management (SAICM) and the University of Cape Town (UCT) have established a Community of Practice (CoP) on Lead in Paint to bring representatives from different sectors together and to create a learning network around issues related to the elimination of Lead Paint.
The next online session will be held on 16 November at 14:00 – 15:30 Central European Time (CET) and will discuss “Compliance with Lead Paint Laws”. Participation is open to the public upon registration as a member of the community of practice.
The SAICM Secretariat invites you to register to join the Community of Practice on Lead in Paint so that you can participate in regular online discussions facilitated by recognized experts in the subject. By signing up, you will receive invitations to the upcoming discussions and their summary digests upon conclusion of the discussion.
Relevant documents for this online discussion are available below (further materials will be added closer to the date).
The event recording by segments:
- Welcome and Overview - Maxine Brassell, University of Cape Town https://youtu.be/E4TEsQpGjfM?t=139
- Introduction: Lead Paint Law Compliance and Enforcement Guidance - Steve Wolfson, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency https://youtu.be/E4TEsQpGjfM?t=458
- Informing Industry About Lead Paint Law Compliance Requirements in Kenya - Dr. Faridah Hussein Were, University of Nairobi https://youtu.be/E4TEsQpGjfM?t=644
- Philippine Policies Related to Lead in Paints - Joel Maleon, Department of Environment and National Resources (ENB) Philippines https://youtu.be/E4TEsQpGjfM?t=2239
- Regulatory Framework of Uruguay - Isabel Artagaveytia, Ministry of Environment of Uruguay https://youtu.be/E4TEsQpGjfM?t=3563